Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random post




Random thoughts by Eric.
So I'm planning my next weekend trip which is coming soon, but I wanted to post a couple things.
This may sound lame, but I sent some of my clothes to the hotel laundry during workday. When I got back from work I found all the clothes in these neat plastic wrappers. The clothes were folded nice, but the kicker was each piece was pressed, had a band around it to keep it folded and cardboard backing. It looked like I had just bought a brand new shirt. Very impressive.
The other photo is a random dessert. So not everyday but randomly I'll come back from work in evening and I'll have one of these designer looking desserts. Very elegant.
The little car in last photo (which you've seen in other photos) is a tata taxi (also called Auto). It's a 3 wheel like golfcart like cab. This is the common public taxi car people take. It is really cheap, but beware the drivers are really bad.
Ah, I've been using Indian Rupees now when paying for items. I'm trying to be careful paying in exact change, because since the currency is so high in denominations no one wants to give change. A couple of the guys warned me and have said that at least in our business court when they don't have real change they just give you little candies. Can you believe getting your change back from a store in candy? I thought that was really funny.
The brown outs in power happen quite often as I'm starting to notice. I'll be eating dinner when poof the lights go out and the backup generator kicks on after a few seconds.
Oh, I went with a co-worker to nearby mall called Cosmos to get a haircut. It cost me grand total of 110 rupees, which went converted whole total of $2.25 about. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment