Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First day of work

Well, I made it through my first day in India. I didn't sleep at all when I got in. I just packed away my things and freshened up. At 11am I was picked up from the hotel and shown how to get to work. The security here is much higher than I expected. I had to scan my bag before entering business park. The Dreamworks India office is only 5 minutes away. I met a lot of people who I'd only seen through video conference. It was very fun and everyone seemed very excited to see me. I met the rest of the Matte Painting team (2 of the guys had trained in Glendale with me, so it was nice to meet the rest). My computer station wasn't completely set up since they weren't expecting me actually to work till tomorrow. Luckily they were able to get some of my stuff going and I began to paint one of my shots. I was surprised that I wasn't tired. I actually made it through the whole work day (7pm) and got back to hotel only to crash around 8-ish.
Course because of that I got up early today around 4am, but I'm sure I'll fully adjust to time though.

2 comments:

  1. glad 2 c u r adjusting & dream works is taking good care of u mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when you come back the adjustment will be very different.

    ReplyDelete