Sunday, February 14, 2010

Leaving LA


So it begins. I am now at the airport in LAX. There was no line for international terminal whatsoever. When I received my ticket the attendant told me that I could have stood in a different line for Business class. Yes, did I mention I am flying Business class? This is my first experience with it. I promptly went through security and was told I can enter the Lounge on the 5th floor. Let me tell you entering through that pearly gates of the unknown was interesting. You cannot access the lounge unless First Class or Business class. Inside this inner sanctum is plush seating and tables galore. No crowds and no hustle and bustle. There are free computer terminals to access the Internet while everyone waits, but if you have your laptop (which I do) you can access wi/fi for free! There is free food and drinks provided. A whole range of choices to boot. I feel like the Seinfeld episode where he and Elaine travel and 1 ticket for first class is available. Talk about pampered. So all in all I'd say this is a beautiful beginning to this trip.

2 comments:

  1. Once you have tasted the golden egg of business class, you'll never want to go back to steerage...er coach. Wait until you start getting frequent flyer status and all the upgrades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, business class in international flight!!!
    I had a peek of lunge once and it was fancy schmancy.

    ReplyDelete