Thursday, February 18, 2010

Friday morning already

So it's Friday morning already. Sorry for not posting any real picts so far. My day to day has been mostly just walking over to work and adjusting to the time difference.
Last night was the first night I stayed up normal hours so I believe I am 100% adjusted to time zone. For big news a few guys at work took me out for lunch and I had my first authentic Indian meal. All very good and I was fine eating it. Work is going great and I am slowly getting to know everyone and used to workflow here. I need to plan for this weekends activity, which I think will include just exploring downtown Bangalore and it's local markets etc. Everyone keeps asking where I plan to visit and suggesting places, so I'll have to research and plan what and where I'll be going so that this does not slip by me.
The weather here has been fantastic. Upper 80s and no real humidity. I've just been wearing a t-shirt when I go out and still fine even at night.
The hotel is fabulous and I've been eating here primarily (also due to fact I haven't converted the american money I had on me into the Indian rupee. Not sure if I mentioned already but the conversion rate is something like $1 US = $50 Rupees. I have to get used to seeing such high numbers for prices because it's actually not much once converted.
So stay tuned in and I promise to have some more interesting posts after this weekend.

1 comment: