Saturday, March 13, 2010

Michael heads out and Delhi Flight

Well, it turned out the Art Director Michael had his departure flight to Mumbai as I did my flight to Delhi. So we shared a drive to the Bangalore Airport. This was Michael’s last day in Bangalore and he will be heading out to Mumbai and Dubai before heading back to the States. I have to admit it was really sad to see him go. First off, the studio was immensely sad to see him go. To have hands on access to the Art Director was such a huge asset. Second, for me it was really great to have a fellow newbie to India experiencing everything I was for first time. Although Michael has had extensive travels to other areas in the world that made his trip less of culture shock that I was experiencing. I really enjoyed having him as a traveling companion. It turned out to be a nice little bonus but Michael’s flight ended up being First Class and he had access to the First Class lounge in Bangalore, so the airline upgraded my status so I could enjoy the lounge aspects with Michael before each of our flights departed. The two and half weeks Michael was here made my long visit less isolated, since there were only a couple persons staying in our hotel from work and the hotel in general was pretty empty. The next couple weeks will definitely be less social for my day to day. So major thanks and appreciation for hanging out with me Michael! Enjoy Mumbai and Dubai!!

No comments:

Post a Comment